Today I want to give you some tips on what to pack and
what NOT to pack for your island vacation.
Take heed of the old rule for packing ...
Pack everything you think you need onto the bed,
then put half of it back into your cupboard.
You will seriously wear the same things over and over again.
WHAT TO PACK for your island vacation.
- 2 Swimsuits
- 2 cotton sarongs (they have a million uses)
- 3 lightweight dresses (preferably cotton or linen)
- 3 lightweight tunic tops (again cotton or linen are best)
- Two pairs of capri pants to wear to dinner (cotton or linen) colors that work back with your tunics & tops
- Two pairs of shorts
- Two t-shirts or fine cotton tops
- One pair of plain flip flops
- One pair of sparkly sandals
- One pair of shoes to hike in or water shoes
- Sunscreen, bug spray & lip balm
- Light cardigan for the evenings & airplane
- Wind breaker (if planning a boat trip)
- Hat - preferably with adjustable strap
- Scrunchies & Headbands to keep your hair from blowing in your face
- Day bag or beach bag
- Phone & chargers
- Pack some essentials in your carry-on just incase of late arriving luggage
Things NOT TO PACK for your island vacation
- Towels - your hotel or cruiseship supply them in your room and around the beach or pool.... when you go out hiking to that waterfall, use your sarong as a towel.
- Jeans (its too hot)
- Synthetic fabrics - like rayon, polyester or nylon.... too hot.
- HIgh heels
- Hair dryer
- Expensive jewelry
- Take minimal make-up only.... the heat makes it melt of your face.